Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lilah Jo Roeder: June 5, 2011

So, I know I'm a little behind on the birth story, but I've been a little busy. :) So here it is...

My due date was May 31 and the entire pregnancy I was told I would NEVER make it that far! Boy was everyone wrong! May 31 came and went and still NO BABY!! On Wednesday, June 1, I had an appointment with my OB. She checked my cervix and it was still Very high and Very closed! She scheduled me an ultrasound for that afternoon to make sure everything was okay and also went ahead and scheduled me for induction on Sunday night, June 5. I had the ultrasound done and everything looked GREAT! Still tons of fluid and the ultrasound tech said Lilah was measuring around 7 lbs. 4 oz. and wouldn't probably be any bigger than 7 lbs. something when she was born. Once again, boy were they wrong!

At this point, I still had not had ONE single contraction or pain. So, Chip and I prepared for induction in 5 days, even though it was so not what I wanted. I wanted to be able to go into labor on my own, make that mad dash to the hospital and then have her a few hours later with no complications. That was my dream and I never thought it would come true! My mom was in labor for 48 hours + with both Hunter and me, so I just knew I was doomed for a long labor!

The next few days passed by SO SLOWLY, but on Saturday, June 4, I finally started having a few contractions here and there. They started about 11 am that morning and I would have 1 about every 30 minutes or so. I still just knew that I was going to have to wait and get induced. Around 9pm that night, the contractions picked up immensely! At 10pm, they were about 6 mins apart lasting about 1 minute. I decided I wanted to take a shower and fix my hair! hah :) The contractions were getting so strong and close together I could barely dry my hair. By 11pm, they were coming every 4-5 minutes and lasting for about 90 seconds! We ended up leaving our house and heading to the hospital!


We arrived at the hospital at midnight and were checked in and taken up to labor and delivery. They checked my cervix as soon as we arrived and I was 3 cm dialated. Even though I wasn't "technically" in active labor yet, they allowed me to stay, because I was supposed to be induced the following night. It's a very good thing they kept me! I told them I wanted the epidural as soon as possible. At 1 am on Sunday, June 5, they checked my cervix again right before I was given the epidural. I was 7cm dialated!! They checked me again at 1:30 am after I had received the epidural and I was completely dialated! So, in 1 hour 30 minutes, I dialated from 3 to 10 cm!!! No wonder those contractions were hurting so bad!




At this point, the epidural was working perfectly! (I mean PERFECTLY!!!) I literally did not feel one thing the entire delivery, which was Awesome! My water still had not broken. The nurse kept telling me that was the only thing that was keeping this baby in! They decided not to break my water just yet and to let the on call doctor sleep!!!! They finally called her around 4:30 and told her to get up there! At 5:50 am, the doctor broke my water and I started pushing! The nurses kept saying, she has tons of hair! Little did I know, she really had TONS OF HAIR!! :) At 6:14 am (Mine and Chip's anniversary is 6-14), on Sunday, June 5, Lilah Jo Roeder was born! She weighed 9 lbs. 2 oz. (yes! NOTHING near the 7 lbs. they said she was going to be!) and was 19.5 inches long!! She was absolutely PERFECT with jet black hair and blue eyes! Lilah Jo was born on June 5, her momma, Mallory Jo, was born on November 5 and her Lolli, Pamela Jo, was born on October 5! :)



The labor and delivery could not have gone ANY better! I am so thankful to God for this precious new blessing and have been told by numerous people, NEXT TIME.. there is no taking a shower and fixing my hair! haha With only a 5 hour labor with my first child, everyone says with my next one to get straight to the hospital! We shall see... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment