Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Family is GROWING!!!

So.. I am sure most of you have heard by now, but last week Chip and I got a very Unexpected yet Very Exciting surprise!!! On Monday of last week, I found out I was pregnant AGAIN!! Keep in mind, I had a miscarriage only 5 weeks and 2 days before that! At our doctor's appointment concerning the miscarriage we were told Do Not Get Pregnant for at least 2-3 months, just so my body could heal and get back to normal. So we did what the doctor told us to do and tried to NOT get pregnant. Turns out... God had very different plans for us. Based on my due date now, we got pregnant only 4 days after miscarriage!! Here is a warning to kids and adults out there. If you don't want to get pregnant, keep in mind, protection is not always 100%!! So when I took that pregnancy test last Monday, I was Very Shocked, Excited and Scared all at the same time. I had so many different emotions and questions running through my head. After I told Chip the news, and heard his response of simply, "How?", I called my doctor and they got me in immediately for bloodwork and said they would call me the next day with the results. If any of you know me real well, Patience has never been a strong suit of mine. So, the wait was pure torture. Finally on Tuesday afternoon, the nurse calls and says, "I have exciting news for you. Your counts are over 4,000 so you are definitely pregnant!" At this time, I was sitting with Rachel at the mall eating a pretzel and I could Not believe what the nurse had just said. With the previous pregnancy my counts never got above 1,200 so I was definitely not expecting to hear 4,000!!!! The nurse scheduled an ultrasound for first thing the next morning and this is what we got to see....


The ultrasound tech goes on to explain what that little "dot" is on the screen. I was so amazed and in awe. With the last pregnancy, I saw nothing but an empty black hole, so I cannot explain the feeling of seeing that little "dot".  Come to find out, I was 5 weeks 1 day when this was taken. Because of my history, the doctor decided to have me come in one week later.
Chip and I didn't tell our family about the last pregnancy until I was miscarrying and we were not about to go through that again. Our feelings about this whole situation was that the more people praying the better. So, we decided we had about 8 hours left to make up some cute frames to tell our family the Great News! I had to be home in Memphis for a show the very next day, so there was very little time to get these done! I think they turned out Awesome though! Here are a few pictures of some of the frames we made!

This was for my parents. My mom has always loved Lolli and Pop so that one day the kids can say they are going to LolliPop's house. I have always thought this was too cute! Let's hope she still likes it, because this is what they are getting called! :) This is going to be their first grandchild so it says "established 2011" across the bottom. My mom and dad were beyond thrilled to hear this news!!

This was made for Chip's dad. :)

These were made for our two brothers.

This is Jeremy, Tracey and their two boys' frame! I love it!

I made a few more but forgot to get pictures of them.
We just had another ultrasound yesterday morning and got to see the most precious flicker (heartbeat) on the screen. Here is our sweet baby at 6 weeks 1 day! :)

Just goes to show... it's all about God's timing and God's plans... not ours!
"For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord, "plans to Prosper you and Not to harm you. Plans to give you a Hope and a Future!" Jeremiah 29:11

My due date has been constantly changing due to the fact I got pregnant immediately after miscarrying. As of right now, I am due May 31, 2011! (my due date was June 2 when I made the frames) Please continue to pray for both me and baby. It is still very early and I am so exhausted. I was put on modified bedrest this week, so it has been very hard. Hopefully, I will be able to make it through these first few weeks. It is such an amazing feeling seeing my belly grow (YES! It is already growing!!) and thinking about how that precious little flicker on that screen is beating in side of me right now. I am just so amazed and in awe of God!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for yall and the timing is crazy! Is that even physically possible??? hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo!! I am so excited for you. It is so amazing to realize in moments like this that God knows exactly what He's doing and He has a plan for us! I love it!

    ReplyDelete